Greater Brisbane 3-day lockdown
Greater Brisbane will go into lockdown for three days, while contact tracers work to ensure the UK strain of COVID-19 is not circulating in the community.
From 6pm tonight, Friday 8 January, until 6pm Monday 11 January people in the local government areas of Brisbane, Moreton Bay, Ipswich, Redlands and Logan will be required to stay at home except for the following reasons:
- Shopping for essentials, food and necessary supplies
- Medical or healthcare needs, including compassionate requirements
- Exercise with no more than one other person, unless all from the same household
- Providing care or assistance to an immediate family member
- Work, or volunteering, or study if it is not reasonably practicable to work or learn remotely
- Child custody arrangements
- Legal obligations
- Visit for end of life
- Attend funeral or wedding in line with restrictions
Masks will also need to be worn everywhere in those local government areas except if people are at home.
Cafes, pubs and restaurants will be open only for take-away service.
Funerals and weddings will be restricted to 20 guests.
All essential businesses remain open. If you need to leave Greater Brisbane for an essential purpose, such as to work, to return home or to access healthcare, you should limit your movements for those three days wherever you go.
Please see below link for all relevant information and FAQ’s
Can I come into Greater Brisbane from outside? If I do, can I leave again?
Yes, you can enter Greater Brisbane from outside the region to return home, stay at a residence such as a family member’s home or hotel or for an essential purpose , such as work or for essential health care. However, if you do, you must abide by all restrictions and stay for the period of the lockdown.
It will be work as usual for Team Transport on Monday however there will be some cancellations and interferences we need to handle as we did previously in 2020.
Please do not panic about this lockdown it is purely to avoid a potential, longer lockdown. Please contact Kylie Wilkinson directly on 0438 438 322 if any concerns.
Team Transport & Logistics