WHO IS EXEMPT FROM 14-DAY QUARANTINE REQUIREMENT WHEN CROSSING QLD BORDER?
This is the latest information provided to us from the QTA
Those living outside the state who provide critical services to Queensland:
• National/state security
• Essential health services
• Emergency services
• Transport of goods or freight including food
• Critical maintenance/repair to critical infrastructure in Queensland
• Mining/energy/agribusiness who have a plan to manage COVID-19 transmission among employees.
Queensland also allows a general compassionate grounds exemption as well as specific exemptions for those who live outside Queensland who:
• Are carers/relatives of dependent people in Queensland
• Need to obtain essential medical treatment including visiting terminally ill relatives in Queensland
• Are interstate boarding school students where school is closed
• Are required to comply with the law to travel to Queensland (for example, Family Court, parole/bail conditions).
• People who live outside Queensland but near the border who ordinarily work or study in Queensland to travel for that purpose, or travel interstate to obtain essential goods and services
• FIFO workers in commercial construction, fishing, mining, energy or agribusiness industries.
For further information from Qld Trucking Association visit www.qta.com.au