On Sunday March 22, the Prime Minister announced further actions to support the social distancing measures already put in place and further protect the Australian community from the spread of Covid-19.
ALL Transport and Logistics Services are classified as an ‘ESSENTIAL SERVICE’ and exempt from ALL border closures and Team Transport & Logistics will continue to service all our clients.
Whilst other businesses classified as ‘non-essential’ services will be required to close as of 12.00pm today, transport and logistics is an ‘ESSENTIAL SERVICE’ which means we will continue to service the freight and logistics needs of our customers across Australia.
Our business has followed all recommended guidelines and have stringent policies in place to allow us to operate with little to no interruption during this time. We have employees working in different segregated Depots and working remotely however we are all connected and our services will continue to operate unaffected.
The main points raised by our Federal Government are as per below.
The latest address and update is as follows:
The following facilities will be restricted from opening from midday local time 23 March 2020:
- Pubs, registered and licensed clubs (excluding bottle shops attached to these venues), hotels (excluding accommodation)
- Gyms and indoor sporting venues
- Cinemas, entertainment venues, casinos, and night clubs
- Restaurants and cafes will be restricted to takeaway and/or home delivery
- Religious gatherings, places of worship or funerals (in enclosed spaces and other than very small groups and where the 1 person per 4 square metre rule applies).
- Supermarkets, banks, pharmacies and other essential stores like petrol stations will remain open.
- It should be noted that freight logistics activities are considered essential, and will remain open.
We understand this is a difficult time for everyone of us at the moment and we as a company will continue maintain our communication to our valued Contractors, Employees, Customers and Suppliers as new announcements are made and understand that there are some very vulnerable people at the moment so we must all try and work through this together.
Team Transport & Logistics